Thursday, December 8, 2011

New York & my American Xmas with Mum;D

Julia and I decided that with only a few hours left we might as well stay up all night to make sure we'd be up and ready at 4:30am to leave Warren/Niles to go into Cleveland to pick my Mum up from the airport.. it had been going so well up until I began to fall asleep during the end of our movie: Paulie.. haha yesss that movie is a total cutie ;) After much hitting and pushing.. Julia finally let me crash for the 2 hours left before having to get up to leave for the drive to Cleveland. Probably the worse choice to make.. sleeping for such a short time, made me feel like absolute crap. It still hadn't hit me that'd i'd actually be seeing Mum again, been so long without her.. you just kinda get used to living with her so far away, just a totally new adaption to my everyday life!!
Our first photo after 11 months apart!!
Waiting at the airport at 6:15am with Julia.. we just sat in the middle of the almost empty airport pointing out all the people who could possibly be my Mum, so when Julia said to me.. "Isn't that your Mom".. I kinda ignored it, "Nooo," i told her :P "No seriously Amanda.. that's your Mom right?!?".. "hahaha, ahh noo?" and then my "Mum" was waving as she was waiting on one of those escalators, "Ohhh ****, that is her i think"
I was so confused and mixed up, seeing her felt so strange.. but we hugged and i couldn't help but just cry, she'd gone all this way to in a way.. "pick me up and take me home", it'd been so long.. i couldn't believe she was actually finally standing there right in front of me!! She was convinced that i'd got shorter but then i could say the same about her.. midget :P ahaha!!!
Sheila took us all out to Sugar and falls :) an adorable lil' place to relax and eat out.. Just like Mum had hoped.. it had started snowing the moment we drove into Cleveland to pick her up, so yesss she did indeed bring the snow with her :) lol

The New York trip took around 8/9 hours.. omg i hated the drive there, we were leaving Ohio at 11:30pm which meant we really had to sleep as much as we could before reaching New York in the early morning... so when we visited this really old Church Julia and I sat down and tried sleeping for a bit (everybody assumed we were "really" praying!!) But it was just a good time to take a break :) hahaha!! We got so much done in New York, and in all honesty.. i hadn't really been looking forward to, but having gone there.. yeah, i had a good time :) such a crazy and amazing place to see!!

We had an early Christmas celebration with my host family and Mum. It was a nice night :) :) Good family bonding time.. and even with Julia convinced she was driving back to her Dad's that night.. clearly she was in "my bubble zone" as she left that next morning for school ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment