Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh my gosh, it's april already!!

I have no idea if i should be feeling happy or depressed that it's april already. i guess i'm just really surprised how quick the months are going.. i've met such lovely lifelong friends!! i hate the thought of one day leaving them to possibly never returning or seeing them again. The reality of how long a year in another country really is has definitely hit me. The end of this trip feels like such a long way away when i think of all the plans i've got sorted for this year while i'm here. I honestly don't think i'm missing out on too much back home, just maybe the school stuff they've got going on is the only major part missing. I think knowing that i could have easily been doing those 2011 year 13 leadership school things is probably the hardest, saddest bit to it all but i know that i'm learning way more educational stuff by not doing my NZ senior year, instead doing it very backwards in America!!. The homesickness is not what i expected, it's probably easier to deal with than what i had originally assumed. i mean, it is really hard being so far away from those 'special people' in New Zealand but i have accepted the distance we have. I've realised that in actual fact.. my life didn't suck all that much back home.. i was always well off.

I've learnt so much in my American studies class, very proud of how well i'm doing just considering how little i knew about the WW1 &WW2 stuff. I almost regret not having taken any history at my old school, because i know that i would have had a much better understanding coming into this if i had. i wrote an english paper on the negatives and positives of student exchange programs. i felt so informed already about it so that it became an easy paper to write!! 150 note cards later.. and i was done. I love my art class, even made a mixed media collage that my teacher ended up entering in the Middlefield, Ohio art show this weekend, i was surprised that the teacher had thought it was just that great to put it in with all the other awesome art work!

It's officially spring.. or so they say -_-
it's actually just snowed again, no surprise really.. it's on and off all the time (i like it <3) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment