Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eat. Pray. Love.

I watched the 'Eat Pray Love' movie. I guess it was alright haha
Maybe it was because i could somehow relate to it that i was able to call it more than an 'okay' movie

"In the end, I've come to believe in something I call 'The Physics of the Quest'. A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this :  If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you."

Ohh i don't even know. I just liked that part of the movie the most. THE ENDING quote xD

This weekend I went into Warren (where my host Mom's boyfriend lives) Saw 'Battle of Los Angeles' at the movie theater. Um woahhh.. their theaters are so different from the ones i've gone to in NZ. I remember watching an episode on 'friends' (heck, like ages and ages ago!!) but they were all at the movies, sitting down in a really small-ish room (well smaller than the ones in NZ i suppose) with their popcorn and drinks.. it was JUST LIKE THAT!!

Prom is May 7th - exactly a week before my birthday!! I'm 'possibly' going to it, will just have to wait and see how things work out i guess. Had a very very detailed conversation with my mum back home over the phone. I guess some really important questions came out of it that i really wasn't sure how to answer. Do i still want to stay here for a year? am i getting the most out of this experience? is it worth being away from home for so long.. and blah blah blah. I guess i never imagined having the opportunity to just leave if i didn't feel it was working out. But to be completely honest. I just don't think i could leave America just less than half way through it all. I have already told my friends, family and even myself that i would come to America, complete the year, then come back home. But then you have to decide what's more important for yourself. I know for me, most important things are family and friends. It was never money or a nice house or any of that type of thing. But i really feel that i'm still in that process of making close friendships with everybody here. My host family are pretty much just family, the people i'm meeting at school i'm definitely considering them as my friends.
When things get tough you can't just run away from it all, you've got to motivate yourself to keep on keeping on and so that's what i'll do.. finish what i started!

I feel so 'out of shape' right now, i mean i know i'm not fat but it's just that i'm not used to not having any kind of daily exercise. I don't walk places anymore.. we drive!

"Eat. Pray. Love"
I think that's a good way to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment