Saturday, January 22, 2011

HIGH SCHOOL

well i managed to get through my first week of high school in America. The school is smaller than mine in New Zealand but i'm still pretty lost when it comes down to getting to class on time. http://chs.cardinalschools.org/?sessionid=2a67dd509b0e90539266bc0e895da566&t

Every morning students stand for the pledge of allegiance in front of the American flag. Every class has one so that no matter where you are in the school you can still take it. I get the most weirdest questions about where i'm from. I'm surprised by how little people know about New Zealand. At least they like my accent although there's certain words they pick up on and try to correct me; they don't consider it as the right way to pronounce it. "ten" sounds like i'm saying "tin". I have to repeat myself alot for people here to understand what i'm talking about.
The way they teach here is extreamly different, over time i'm sure i'll get used to it all but for the moment i'm absolutley lost! i'm sure that soon the whole school will know my locker code since i have trouble opening it every morning i get random people to sort it out for me. There's just a certain way to get into it, hopefully next week i'll get it right.
As i get into more of a routine everything seems to get alot easier, unfortunately the homesickness is kinda sinking in more. i'm just really lucky to have such a great host mum and sister, feel really comfortable with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment